If the thought of a poor user experience or a badly laid out web page keeps you awake at night. If you love the variety that comes from working with startups, scale ups and SMEs, then you might be the person we’re looking for. We are on the hunt for a frontend developer to join our team.
Who are we looking for
We are a small team of frontend, backend and full stack developers who oversee the full process of any given project. From simple HTML / CSS builds to more in depth applications working in parallel with microservices hooked up to frontend frameworks like Vue.js or React.
We are looking for someone with a keen eye for design – and for hitting deadlines. Someone who wants to be a significant part of a small, collaborative team. Someone with excellent problem solving skills who loves working together to build incredible products for clients.
You’ll have experience working with frontend technologies and be comfortable with backend environments. We work closely with all of our clients, so you must also have fantastic interpersonal skills.
You’re enthusiastic about tech, constantly keeping an eye on the latest trends and keen to learn new approaches if the need arises. You aren’t afraid of jumping into the deep end to get things done.
What will the role involve?
You will be responsible for aligning web design and user experience requirements, optimising web pages for maximum efficiency and maintaining brand consistency across all responsive and adaptive web pages.
A fresh pair of eyes is always welcome and we know our systems can always be improved, so we’d love to hear your ideas for better ways of working. We are a small team and we work together as a team to continuously improve processes for everyone.
We like to get involved in the local community and want someone who’s keen to join in on those activities. We set aside time each month to work on these internal projects and tools, such as https://awe-der.net and https://brumtechtapas.co.uk. We have a stack of ideas we want to develop and we want to hear yours too
The role is remote-based but you will need to be in the UK, as we visit some of our clients occasionally. Once the world returns back to some form of normality, there might be the odd occasion when you may need to come into the office, for in-person working sessions or a good old-fashioned team get together.
- Ensure user experience determines design choices.
- Ensure that accessibility standards are adhered to.
- You should have the ability to comfortably add tests to pieces of written code.
- Determine the structure and design of your code based on designs.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Ensure that where required, designs are optimised for mobile devices.
- Build reusable code for future.
- Produce Semantic Clean HTML.
- Drive the adoption of standards and processes.
- Keep up to date on emerging front end standards and share knowledge with the team.
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- The day off on your birthday
- MacBook Pro and the equipment you would require to work remotely
- Spotify membership
- % matched for the company pension
- A £500 annual training budget
- Access to the team Laracasts subscription
- The Jump24 Library
- After 5 years of service, you will be given an extra 10 days annual leave for that year to mark the occasion.
If you enjoy working with a great team of developers on interesting projects that will push you to become a better developer, then get in touch.
- Understanding of key design principles, across multiple device types.
- Experience in Vue / React and Typescript
- Understanding and experience with frontend Node.js build tools and task runners such as Gulp, Grunt or Webpack.
- Experience with Jest / Jasmine / Karma.
- Understanding of CSS, SASS (BEM methodology a bonus).
- Experience in leading front end projects.
- Experience with Jest / Cypress
- Tailwind CSS
- Knowledge of manual testing practices and methodologies.
£40,000 - £55,000
Please send the latest copy of your CV along with some details of your recent work, salary expectations and why you would like to work with us at Jump24 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recruiters please dont contact us regarding this role.