After taking over the development of Patina, we were asked to develop a brand new platform for selling classic cars online in an auction style format. The platform needed to be responsive, secure and robust. It had a number of real time requirements such as keeping the current bid up to date, a countdown timer and also a bidding mechanism that would allow customers to set a max bid and allow the market to bid up for them.
We developed this platform as a separate API and Frontend in Lumen and Vue.js this platform has been up and running now and has been a huge success with its market leading sale rate of 90%. We continue to develop this platform with new features being added on a regular basis.
Building capability in-house
Social platform start-up Wondr was looking for a new partner to take over the development of their Laravel application and deliver high quality results at pace.
Over a period of eighteen months, we helped to develop the platform and laid the foundation for what would become an in-house team for the growing business. We handed over the reins in August 2019.
- Transitioned the frontend from an out-of-date angular application to a more modern vue application.
- Took test coverage from 0% to 80% by adding tests to a codebase that had no test coverage at the time.
- Advised the team on new features and the resulting infrastructure changes that would be required.
- Helped to recruit an internal CTO and start to build out an in-house development team.
Go Car Credit.
Consultative and technical partner
Go Car Credit knew its systems were inefficient and dated and the specialist car credit finance company needed a partner to help identify the right improvements.
In 2016, two Jump24 developers were embedded for an initial three months. They worked alongside the internal team, reviewing the application and creating documentation and processes. The team also got to know each area of the business better to identify other potential issues and recommend improvements. First recommendations resulted in an immediate improvement in efficiency and the quality of work across the department.
Next, we took over full development responsibility for the application and increased the number of features being released over a two-year period while continuously reducing the number of production issues and improving quality assurance by conducting full post-deployment checks and infrastructure changes when required.
We continue to work together to evolve the infrastructure, deployment and development process.
- Built systems that automated the approval/deny PHP application, increasing productivity by 40%
- Deployments sped up from an average four or five hour process to less than an hour.
- Introduced a scalable AWS cloud solution, bringing in an external cloud solutions expert to ensure the process ran smoothly.
- Saved team members almost 20 minutes of time on each proposal by building business automation systems that pull all the relevant data at set points from third party APIs, Created an automated testing process, creating a ‘test & fix’ pipeline for the business.
- Introduced resilient architecture that separated services into smaller micro-service builds. This protects business continuity, as the overall application would continue working, even if part of it went down. Resilience built into microservice architecture, so, if docserver goes down frontend still works.
- Third party solutions like e-signature and digital document transfer were integrated into the system, which improved the customer experience and helped the team process loan applications more quickly.
Remote development team
In early 2020, AAGlobal Language Services was looking for an external development team, expert in Laravel, who could get a delayed project back on track and running smoothly.
First, we took a look at the code to identify the core issues. In preparation for a handover from the previous support partner, we spent two months improving the applications, as well as building tests and a pipeline.
Once we fully took over development services fully, we had everything in place to release regular, tested fixes. We moved the infrastructure to an AWS cloud solution using Terraform, resulting in applications that were scalable, had redundancy, improved performance and saved AAGlobal over 50% on monthly hosting costs.
Jump24 continues to provide development support to AAGlobal.